Re: [IRCA] Radio DXing Hobby Threatened With Extinction

Re: [IRCA] Radio DXing Hobby Threatened With Extinction

One neat little local station is KWDB-1110-Oak Harbor WA. Their little
500 w gets out pretty well down here. Weak but listenable. Live DJs.
Lots of interesting programming. A local telephone talk show, pop music,
some C&W tossed in. On Sundays they run sone Mor/Big Band music. Block
programming. Lots of live copy spots and announcements. A really great
station to listen to. They have a DJ that works afternoons called (I kid
you not) Moose Moran. Infact he signed my QSL a few years back.  Then we
have KLDY-1280 and KBRD-680 in Lacey/Olympia WA that runs interesting
programming. KBRD runs old Big Band, flapper music from the 20s, some
really old stuff. Then KLDY that is basically Classical with some
Broadway tossed in. They were owned my Skip Marrow who recently passed
on. But he put them into a trust and the programming stays for something
like the next 50 years or something like that. Also there is
KENU-1330-Enumclaw WA operated by a college and runs techno dance music
24/7. They are heard u/Portland days and quite listenable after Portland
signs off around 2200 PDT. We still have some different stations here in
the NW.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin