Re: [IRCA] More available spectrum when TV goes digital.

Re: [IRCA] More available spectrum when TV goes digital.

KTLA-5-LA mentioned on their 10 PM News last night that the TV stations
and FCC finally have agreed on a date being 2009 for all analog TV
stations to go digital. I guess that includes translators too. Of
course, being on cable or satellite, it wont be an issue. The only
analog I get are the translators and when skip comes in on VHF/UHF. I
have had satellite TV since 1985, when it was all analog. I wonder if
VHF digital skip will still pop in? A friend in So Cal has HDTV with the
digital tuner and he only watches over the air, well one TV station he
cannot get, because the quality level is below I think he said 55%. So I
guess if the signal is a bit weak, you don't get anything at all. It is
not like analog skip. With digital satellite, if it is too weak you get
nothing, but I can get tiling (break up) if it is below a certain level.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR