Re: [IRCA] cc crane radio

Patrick,

I just took the S350 out for a bite to eat...my Carl's Jr. ritual.  KCBC/770 is a local 50KW station.  I tuned to 780 and switched the filters from wide to narrow, and received KKOH/780 clearly.  On wide filters, it was only KCBC slop.  There is nothing during the day that I can check KTRB/860 slop sensitivty with.  KUYL/1280 is a 5KW local (15 miles).  On narrow filters, I could receive KPAY/1290 clearly.  I couldn't get past KSTN/1420 for anything meaningful, though Sacramento and Santa Clara 1430 stations are virtually non-existent here.  I think the selectivity and sensitivity on AM are very good.  I wish I could say good things about selectivity on FM, but local stations overpower the front end of the radio.  I hope this helps.

Mike Hawkins
Tracy CA

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike,

Thanks! It seems like several have the radio. How close are you to high
powered AMs? How well does it do in your area?

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KAVT Reception Manager

Yahoo! Sports