[IRCA] More on Vertical

Hi Everyone,

In adding more radials to the NW/N/NE. I now have four, the directivity
of the vertical has improved more to the NW/N/NE. I notice now that many
stations that were heard before are there, many under closer stronger
stations.

550  KARI Blaine WA u/KOAC Corvallis

660  KAPS Mt. Vernon WA stronger u/KXOR-Junction City OR

790   KGMI Bellingham WA stronger u/KWIL  Albany

930   KBAI  Bellingham now half and half with KYAK-Yakima (10 kw)

1040  CKST Vancouver tearing up KLVP-Tigard OR (CKST is very directional
North)

1070    CFAX   Victoria, now close to S6. The best I have heard them
since I lost my Northern beverage, and now less noisy. CFAX puts out
40-60 watts in my direction days according to their CE. They are about
160 miles to the North.

1110    KWDB   Oak Harbor, WA, now generally dominant with their little
500w. Before not audible days, except near LSS.

1260   UNID  Signs of a second station now way behind KLYC McMinnville
OR, probably the TIS on Vancouver Is.

1290   KIKN    Port Angeles WA, now 30% on the mix with KKSL Portland
(Not audible before)

1300    KKOL   Seattle, now audible days weakly. Their 1 KW longwire
does not get out well.

1320   CHMB   Vancouver BC, now audible with CC talk behind now
powerhouse KXRO Aberdeen, WA

1410    CFUN   Vancouver  BC, heard mixing and behind KBNP Portland

1430   KBRC  Mt. Vernon, WA behind KYKN Salem OR

1470   CJVB Vancouver behind KELA Centralia WA

1550   KRPI   Ferndale WA, mixes with KKAD Vacouver WA.

1590   KLFE   Seattle WA, mixes behind KMBD Tillamook  OR

1600   KVRI   Blaine WA, mixes with KOHI St. Helens/KPOT Eugene days.

I am wondering if I got a large piece of tin maybe 4X8 and placed it in
the direction to the NW/N/NE and connected my ground plane to that, if
it would enhance the NW/N/NE even more? The one thing I have noticed the
ground radials are quieter than the series of ground rods I have been
using my the veritical.
  The field is total open to the N/NE for 1/2 miles or more and with
houses and the hills behind me, it probably makes some difference, but
the radials, even though they are only 10 feet long, have made a
difference in reception to the N/NE. But to enhance it even more?

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR