[IRCA] My Loop Antenna is complete...

and I am not very impressed. Here's the one I built from the DXer's
Toolbox...

First of all cut two pieces of 2  inch X 1 inch timber, each piece measuring
25 inches long.  Half along each of these legs cut a piece out of the legs
exactly the size of the other leg, so that the two legs can  be screwed
together in the form of an X. Then cut 4 pieces of  timber 6 inches long,
these are screwed on the end of each  leg to form feet, the primary wire
coil is also wound around  these four feet.

Firmly fix in place one end of the  120 foot length of wire to the centre of
the frame, where the  two legs cross, feed the wire to the end of one of the
legs,  and wind it around the four feet for 18 turns, then feed the
remaining wire back to the centre of the frame using the same  leg as where
the wire began, this is most important, both  ends of the wire must go from
the winding coil to the frame  centre along the same leg. Affix a tuning
capacitor salvaged  from an old radio to the centre of the frame, where the
two  legs cross, using glue or whatever, I use two small nails  hammered
into the legs, so positioned to hold the tuning  capacitor in place. Then
cut the wire ends to make a neat  connection to the tags on the tuning
capacitor and solder the  wires in place.

I used the VC sent to me by Mike Stonebridge and used 20 Guage wire.

I tried it last night after I finished it and while it does display a bit of
direction, the signal leaves a lot to be desired. Even local stations were
off by several dB's. I am going to go try it in the daytime in a few
minutes, but I thought I would post this. Any suggestions?

Ira Elbert New, III
Watkinsville, Georgia
"Proudly Serving You Since 1964!"