[IRCA] WSBR 740 IBOC

A couple weeks ago I reported that local WSBR 740 had turned off their IBOC.  Also off was IBOC on two sister stations, WHSR 980 and WWNN 1470, both are local but somewhat farther from me.

Today WSBR resumed IBOC broadcasting.  The other two stations have not.

At the time of my posting some suggested, as a listener I write to an affected station I was able to hear once IBOC was off, and to the local station, reporting improved audio, more pleasant listening and such.  Since I don't listen to either the local or distant station, I felt this would be disingenuous.

However, when IBOC resumed today I did one thing I had not done before.  That was to check to see if the audio was noticeably affected by IBOC.  If it were I felt I could rightly complain on that issue.  I tried multiple radios to see if I could detect an audible artifact of IBOC. The station is talk format, which it has been suggested allows the hiss to be heard during pauses.

I could hear nothing untoward in the audio of the station with IBOC in operation.

I did feel I could still write expressing my concern about the noise the station produces on the AM band.

Today I sent the following inquiry to the General Manager of WSBR:
--------
For some time I have noticed a very disturbing hissing noise around your station position on my radio dial.  Then, for the last couple of weeks this problem seemed to have been corrected.  I was able to hear stations on the adjacent dial positions.  Now the noise is back  Do you expect to permanently correct this problem any time soon?
--------

Should I receive any response I will report it here.

W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (South East) Florida