Re: [IRCA] Vertical antennas

Patrick:

Try disconnecting the radials except for those to the N/NE.

Before you do, record some S-readings from reliable signals in all four
quadrants, to see if the disconnect is just reducing strength in the
other three, or what.

Oh.  Is there something in your antenna's placement, like proximity to a
structure or different soils, which might be creating that lobe?

I have a 33' vertical complementing my AlphaDelta sloper.  It is only 5'
away from my frame house, grounded with a single 8' rod, and fed with a
9:1 balun.  Tho' I have never deliberately checked its pattern, it does
seem to favor directions away from the house, i.e.,. SE-NW.

AlanB/KO4ALA
Arlington, VA