Re: [IRCA] digital recorder

I wonder if I could use your report on this recorder in the IRCA Technical
Column, Bob?

I have a backlog at the moment for the column, but would likely submit this
in late June.  I would send you a copy of what I would submit for your
final approval and further comments.

For now...

>the audio shows a slight
>"flanging" effect in some cases.

I don't recognize the term "flanging"...please enlighten!

>  However I
>can get clean recordings from the receiver
>headphone line jack as a level giving good
>headphone volume.

is "as a level" above supposed to be "at a level"?  I presume with the
Y-cable from the receiver, you set the headphone volume to be comfortable,
and that gives you an input that doesn't overload the recorder?

>There is no recording level indication, so
>recording from a receiver line jack has to be
>set by trial-and-error. Volume up and down
>is set in small steps by button, there are no
>rotary controls.

Presumably, these volume up and down controls have an effect only on
playback?   Recording level is set by controlling the level of the incoming
signal?  I have downloaded the user's manual and specifications, but
they're not 100% clear on this to me.

Thanks for your help.

best wishes,

Nick