Re: [IRCA] Should Skywave Listening be protected?

Re: [IRCA] Should Skywave Listening be protected?

No, it is not worth the sacrifice. I still depend on stations like WGN 720 and WLS 890 so I can hear what people outside of St. Louis think about different issues. Local radio is too focused on the problems in the inner city and more affluent suburbs; information of vital importance to those in the middle class suburbs are avoided like the plague.

IBOC will go the way of the covered wagon, that's for sure. The U.S. should not embrace DRM, either; a separate digital band is the only way the U.S. can compete with radio in the rest of the world.

73, Eric (N0UIH)