Re: [IRCA] WTS - Where's That Station MW DX Utility For Windows - Home Page

Re: [IRCA] WTS - Where's That Station MW DX Utility For Windows - Home Page

         I've been using WTS for about a month, and it's a good app. Small
learning curve and it provides several bits of interesting information. One
feature I especially like is the distance/bearing info.

         The database has the coordinates of US AM stations, and by
entering your geographic coordinates, it gives you the mileage between your
QTH and the station's transmitter site. ALSO, it gives the bearing either
to or from the station.

         Taking the WODI-1230 DX Test for example. Sunset (today) at the
station is 20:02 ELT; distance between our locations is 178.34 miles (or
287.01 km) at a bearing of 331.27 degrees from my QTH. With a loop antenna,
I have a better chance of "aiming" it for optimum reception. Just one
little problem...how to null WJNC-1240 which is located 2.87 miles from my
QTH with 1kw aimed at me?!!!

         Seriously, however, it's a good program in many respects and I
suggest any interested in such a program to take a look. It's FREE and I'm
not associated with the program or Eric Force in any manner.

Mike