[IRCA] Extension of I-74

N0UIHEric@xxxxxxx wrote:

>The extension of I-74 is to be from Cincinnati, not Chicago. The closest to
>Chicago I-74 gets is Bloomington/Normal.
>
>73, Eric (N0UIH)

Eric,

Thanks much for the observation! I suppose this may get burdensome to
you, so I won't carry it to my usual lengths:

I did something prohibited to males, I looked at the map just now!
Rand-McNally Road Atlas edition 2001. What I saw there contradicted both
of us, i.e.
at of the time of the printing the east terminus of I-74 is in the Quad
Cities, with a small section of interstated US-61 approaching the
terminus of I-74 on the loop around the QC.

On the other end, without referring to other sources, it does seem
certain that I-74 will terminate at Wilmington, NC., with a portion
within s. e. North Carolina "aligned" over US-74. This alignment is an
interesting coincidence, as such alignments aren't common.

I also spent some time looking over the future alignment of I-74, and it
is to be over US-52 in many places.

Do you take any interest in such things as this and "US-66?" I would
have to suppose being your Mother's sole primary caretaker in life, you
could get frustrated in just "dreaming" about such things. After
contracting cancer in 2002, it's dubious whether I'll ever get to
"end-to-end" any more of the likes of US-70 in this life.
But getting a working DX shack back in order is plenty challenging for
the time being.

73, Charlie (WD9INP/4)

          ------
Charles A & Leonor L Taylor