Re: [IRCA] Caribbean Christian Radio "Superpower 1020" DX Test Results

Re: [IRCA] Caribbean Christian Radio "Superpower 1020" DX Test Results

Hey Les,

My eyes lit up when I read about the "new" GE
transmitter!  Did GE start making transmitters again,
or is CCR 1020's GE "new" to them?  The last time I
saw a GE transmitter was at WPTR in Albany, NY back in
the late 70s.  I forget the model number of the circa
1947 50KW rig, but it had "nifty" round "Flash Gorden"
type meters.  We downgraded it from main to aux
service in 1979 when we installed an MW50.  It was, to
this day, the only GE transmitter I ever worked on.

Rene'