[IRCA] Please hold the subject line to reality!

[IRCA] Please hold the subject line to reality!

Donny and Patrick,

I'm keeping up with observations of California stations that have gone
silent and then defunct over the past decades. I'm putting them in a
"Recent California Radio History" folder for eventual archiving. [I
prefer the original MS denotation of "subdirectory."]

Anyway, we're all in a hurry and especially when it comes to "reply"ing.

I started another folder, "Recent Washington Radio History," which is of
somewhat more immediate interest to me because we resided out there on
Whidbey Island (Island County) in Puget Sound.

My last Navy employment before becoming a VOA employee.

I logged KKZU-1510 Mount Lake Terrace (Lake County) on 1500 @ 10/21/84.
Which means taped an ID plus a little leading and trailing continuity,
which was these "taped veries" are really a misnomer. I'd get the tape
out but all I wanted to do was make a point.

If you could, please once change the subject line so that the new thread
would reflect "Recent Washington Radio History." One time and the new
thread is
clear from the subject line.

ONE OTHER THING: I met the Chief Engineer of the old KISD-1110 Oak
Harbor (now KWDB-1110) and had some long discussions with him.
I believe he was the principal (maybe even the principle) of KKZU-1510.
He was the CEO and the chief janitor when he first set up the station.

I do not remember his name, and don't want to research it just now.

Besides, maybe one or two of our members in the Sea-Tac area remember
this feller. Just off the top of you head.

Oh, boy. Here I go again. Stifle it, Chollie.

Yes and no. Yes, to the point that I'll relate that while still at Navy
Cal Lab, NAS Whidbey Island; and after I'd gotten orders to
VOA Greenville, and was certain of the transfer, Leonor and I took the
long around-The-Sound ride starting at Oak Harbor to
Mukilteo via WA-525 over the ferry to I-5 to Bremerton to Tacoma to
Seattle and back to Mukilteo and home. Started on a Saturday
morning at about 0700 and got back about 1900 that evening. Once in a
lifetime, probably.

Too many DX-related experiences of just those two years at Whidbey.

Cholly signs off.