Re: [IRCA] Update on California Stations

Re: [IRCA] Update on California Stations

Don,

I knew I'd get to ya!  I have saved your email for good reference material, and snipped it here to keep threads shorter.  Since we're talking about California antiquities here (relatively speaking, of course), have you ever heard of a KTED in Laguna Beach that was on 1520?  I was thinking they were only a CP, but I have found references to on-air personalities from that station.  I know zilch about it, and I'm trying to find out more.

As far as your list goes, if you have logs of the following, they had undergone call changes and have ended up back where they were a long time ago.

Anaheim/1190 --- KEZY -> KNWZ -> KEZY -> KPZE -> KORG -> KEZY -> KXMX
Apple Valley/960 --- KAVR -> KZXY -> KQKL -> KZXY -> KIXW
Auburn/950 --- before KAHI, was KDIA/1490
Avalon/740 --- KBIG -> KGOL -> KGLM -> KBIG -> KBRT
Bakersfield/550/800/970 --- nothing it what it seems when you dig here
Berkeley/1400 --- KRE -> KPAT -> KRE -> KBLX -> KBFN -> KBLX -> KVTO
Palm Springs area/1010/1140/1270/920/1450 - another zoo
Pittsburg/990 --- KATT -> KECC -> KATT -> KKIS -> KIXA ->KKIS -> KATD
San Diego/600 --- KFSD -> KOGO -> KLZZ -> KKLQ -> KOGO
I could go on forever with these.  Unless this thread develops a fan base, I could just feed you info separately.  By the way, I didn't notice Ukiah/1250, Willits/1250, Yuba City/1450, Oroville/1340.  Did you get them?  Also, you were in California in time for KEWB, KNBC, KOBY, KOFY and a bunch of other NorCal ones.  Were you ignoring local and semi-locals?

I may want to get a hold of your old log info for my research project.  If its handy and on the computer, I wouldn't mind a fat email.    I'll see if I can put together a list of my obsolete California stations.  I have received a total of 503 (no TIS types), and 277 have changed call or frequency or city or some combination.

By the way, I just noticed you have KPAY/1060 going to 1290.  KHSL/1290 flipped to KNSN, then bought KPAY/1060 and took it dark.  They kept their own format but adopted the KPAY calls on 1290.

I'm on my project right now, digging through 1940 issues of Radio Index, so I better get back to it.

Mike Hawkins

The Kaskey Family <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael H.

Following up on your lead of a few days back I will list the California
stations I've heard since 1957, that are no longer operating on the
frequency I first heard them.....I'll list the station, location and the
date I first heard them.....

540 KFMB San Diego 2/13/58.....Now operating on 760
<snip>

1630 KXBT Vallejo 9/10/96......Now KDIA on 1640

Anything else I missed.....I didn't hear.......................

don kaskey san francisco ca

Do you Yahoo!?