[IRCA] Since its been rather quiet lately...

[IRCA] Since its been rather quiet lately...

outside of the satellite vs. terrestrial radio debate, I thought I would mention a few items from California.

1. WWL BOOMING in Thursday between 0200-0300 PDT.  While WWL used to be common back in the 70s-80s, it is rather uncommon now, particularly with a very strong signal.

2. KTRB/860/Modesto CA is either running with a different antenna pattern or reduced power or both at night for the past two nights.  I've been able to get into 850-860-870 here, where they usually dominate 860 and splatter heavily on the adjacents.

3. Reno/630 noted with new KPLY calls at 0100.  Did not check them in early evening on 4/6, but they were still using KPTT early morning on 4/6.

I also have a question.  I have been poking through my old logs and have found a few particular days that had outstanding reception.  I'm wondering if anyone has daily records of geomagnetic indexes or other reception-related data for 1969 and 1970.  These few days that I am curious about were so outstanding that they could almost be considered bizarre, so I'm just trying to correlate information.

Mike Hawkins
Tracy CA

Yahoo! Messenger