[IRCA] DDXD-W / TIS logs

TRH-CA  Tim Hall, Chula Vista, CA   ICF-2010, Kiwa Loop

All times ELT

Two nice TIS catches this weekend, though only one has been identified so far:

1610  WPFK508  CA  Chilcoot.  4/3 0300.  CalTrans HAR mentioned road
work on highway 70, delays should only be about 5 minutes.  Took me
about 2 hours to get clear reception of the call letter ID.  Was in
all night mixing with the UNID weather station.  New, and one of my
farthest TIS catches.  (TRH-CA)

1610  UNID  NV?  Elko?  4/3 0305.  UNID station running automated
weather has been noted over the past several weeks.  Last night I
heard one mention of Las Vegas 67 degrees, but most of the other
temperatures were much lower - highs between 38 and 50, lows between
18 and 26.  I suspect this is the station I logged while driving
through Elko, NV in May 2003.  It could also be one of the
Carlin/Dunphy/LaMoille trio, however those three normally run a mix of
highway information and weather, and they mention NV DoT (plus their
location) frequently.  Can anyone in that area confirm which stations
are currently active, and which might be running only automated
weather?  (TRH-CA)

Propagation has been good lately, but I continue to have problems with
some unidentified man-made electrical interference..

73, Tim