Re: [IRCA] Good Conditions 4/2/05

Don,

Listened a lot on 1560 this morning.  Caught Radio Disney on and off between 0330-0345 pDt,
but no calls heard.  There is a Disney in Oklahoma as well as New York, so I don't know which I heard.  Unfortunately, I can't count it as either under the circumstances.  KNZR was blasting as usual with occasional slight weaknesses in strength.  At about 0355, I caught a redneck preacher that sounded more like a cliche than a real person.  I couldn't ID him either.  Oh well. Its now 0530, so I better climb back into my coffin before the sun comes up.

Mike Hawkins

The Kaskey Family <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don Kaskey San Francisco CA Drake R8A Kiwa Air Loop PST used...

Was looking for Canadians & Mexicans but found a couple that were very
unusual..

1530 OH WCKY Cincinnati 0141 with sports talk in very readably under
KFBK. First time I've IDed them since they reverted to their old calls
& this one very seldom heard anymore at all..

1560 NY WQEW New York City 0147 with Radio Disney program very easily
in KNZR-Bakersfield's null. Continued on thru the hour with ID near the
TOH. Haven't heard this guy in 20 years or so...Last time was when they
were still WQXR.

Canadians heard between 0037-0150 PST 4/2/05 were:

540-SK---CBK Regina
580-AB--CKUA Edmonton
650-BC--CISL Richmond
660-AB--CFFR Calgary
690-BC--CBU Vancouver
730-BC--CHMJ Vancouver
770-AB--CHQR Calgary
930-AB--CJCA Edmonton
960-AB--CFAC Calgary
1010-AB--CBR Calgary
1040-BC--CKST Vancouver
1060-AB--CKMX Calgary
1070-BC--CFAX Victoria
1130-BC--CKWX Vancouver
1140-AB--CHRB High River
1410-BC--CFUN Vancouver

Mexicans noted were

650-SIN--XETNT Los Mochis
730-BCN--XEEBC Ensenada
860-BCN--XEMO Tijuana
950-BCN--XEKAM Tijuana
990-BCN--XECL Mexicali
1030-BCN--XESDD Ensenada
1090-BCN--XEPRS Rosarita
1470-BCN--XERCN Tijuana
1550-BCN--XEBG Tijuana
1700-BCN--XEPE Ensenada (or somewhere nearby)

WGN was also heard on 720 beneath KDWN-Las Vegas but oddly WBBM was not
noted beneath KKOH-780-Reno. WBBM makes it here (usually) more than
WGN.

73 don k.

Do you Yahoo!?
Make Yahoo! your home page