[IRCA] Re: Club Historian

At 06:58 PM 3/8/2005, Ray Bauernhuber wrote:
Why was the IRCA founded?
Year founded and Charter Members
1st Constitution & By-Laws

Just in case someone is curious, all this info is on the website; I think Lee Freshwater and Leonard Hyde both wrote me up histories for inclusion on there. There are SOME of the changes in the by-laws included in Leonard's (LLH), as his is dated 1996. There is also a convention history, some pictures of conventions, and a TVA history and list of winners (but no scan of the award)(I don't know about anyone else, but the TVA award I got was a plaque - not exactly good for scanning!).

Now, I'm LEARNING how to make a .pdf  from multiple pages - once I've figured that out, I'd like to put some anniversary issues on-line; I think they contain some of the history you're looking for!

It would be a huge project with input needed from as many members as
possible.  No time limit because who knows how long a good job would
take.

Definitely. And as I've found with the web site, it's not like the job ever ends - that's why, for instance, I asked for the TVA/RHA winners and convention sites for 2003 & 2004 - it was 2002 when I put the original info on the page, and to a newcomer, it looks like no one's updated the page - and that doesn't strike me as an impression I want people to get!

But I'd LOVE to see someone not now actively 'employed' by IRCA step up
and volunteer for the position.

I agree! But even in the years of DXMs I've been looking at the past few days, I can see it's just a part of club tradition for it to take a while to get a volunteer! But if nothing else, all the messages on [IRCA] are archived - so if someone wants to pick this up, he/she can at least get SOME info from those!

Lynn.
Lafayette, LA
Check out the IRCA Web site at http://www.ircaonline.org