[IRCA] Re: Graveyard Blog

Don,

Look for KTSN/1340 from Elko NV playing oldies.  They are in here often.

Mike Hawkins
Tracy CA

The Kaskey Family <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
1230 & 1240 are my best frequencies. Usually I have 2 or 3
understandable stations coming in (unfortunately, usually the same ones
night after night). 1340 is usually just a loud hum with intelligible
words seldom breaking thru. 1400 is covered by a local & their null
produces very weak audio. 1450 also has a local but is much easier to
null. Unfortunately it seems that only Klamath Falls, Reno & Sonora
ever break thru. 1490 is Red Bluff & Lake Tahoe when looping NE & A
batch of spanish speakers when looped SE + King City. Mostly Petaluma a
stones throw away....But yes, it's better than Iowa where it usually was
just a roar at night on all 6 frequencies (in the 80's). A few times
someone broke thru but not often.

don k.

Michael Hawkins wrote:

> Its the same here in California for the most part. ! On my car radio, I
> get a muddled hum from the combination of all the stations plus the
> garbage from whichever ones are slightly off frequency. In the house,
> there's no hum but it sounds like 6000 schizophrenics after snorting
> something. Aah, the good old days, when I could tune in Kansas City
> on GY and actually make out all the words... Mike Hawkins
>
> Mike Hardester wrote:
>
> I began DXing from California in the late 60's, and at times
> in the 70s
> and 80's while stationed there I continued to DX. My
> observations on GY
> frequencies were similar to Bob's. If one station faded out,
> then another
> one usually faded up. There might be multiple stations, but
> one station was
> usually dominant. Here in North Carolina, the GY frequencies
> seem to be
> nothing more than noise. I've had occasional times when a GY
> frequency
&g! t; yielded up a station for a log, but usually nothing more