[IRCA] Re: Graveyard Blog

Curt,

After I wrote and sent that, I started thinking that you may not take it in the same way that I meant it.  I'm glad you were humored by it (that was the intent).  I sure wish the graveyards were what they used to be.  Out of 1462 I have logged, 175 are on the 6 graveyard frequencies.

Mike Hawkins

WWWR <wwwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike,

I'm sure you're right about the origin of Graveyard.  Until I read that explanation I had just never thought of it that way.  Since the phrase is relatively new to me, I didn't think back to the 60s.

I like your WWWR explanation too.  Maybe I'll have to steal it.  The origin was with World Wide Web Radio, a name I used for my web site when streaming audio on a one time free service, now defunct.  I had the email address set up and it seemed a good one to use for the radio related forums.  At one time I tried having it changed on the IRCA list to my name, but for some reason my request never happened, so WWWR it still is.

Curt