[IRCA] KZI-1560 & WA HARs

Eric Svajdlenka wrote:

> As of 1927-1933 PST here in south Seattle I have SS mixing o/u KNZR.
> KZIZ signed off earlier at LSS.
>
> Eric J Svajdlenka
> Everett, WA

Eric, since when is Everett south of Seattle?

KZIZ was off earlier while I was driving around but was noted being eaten
away by KNZR when I got home about 5pm PST, presumably on 3300w CH power.

Also all day, my two very consistent dropout favorites, KNTB-1480 and
KBRO-1490, were running OC again.

Good news and bad news regarding WSDOT HAR outlets (Washington State
Department of Transportation). The good news is that IDs now come between
every completed announcement. They are separated on both sides by a touch
tone. The bad news is that they have a new announcer giving all the IDs. No
sexism intended, but she mumbles and the calls are very hard to understand.
I believe her home station is the HAR on 1520 positioned near the Tacoma
Narrows Bridge construction. She makes all the announcements on this one.

Very few WSDOT HARs give locations anymore. One exception is the one in
Tukwila, I believe on 530. The other has a totally different announcer and
is on 1520 in Federal Way (KNED390).

at 0200 EST 2/13, I am getting neither RVC-530 nor any Mexican SS on 1560
under KNZR. I have to be careful here because when the loop is aimed E/W, I
get overload from 1-mile-away KKMO-1360 (SS).

My final local item is that KYIZ-1620 is still spewing out garbage on 1610
and 1630. It has been suppressed considerably since the problem they had
three weeks ago but some of it is still there.

Pete Taylor
Tacoma