Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:05 PM
Subject: Herb Jepko and The Nitecap Radio Network . . .

Forty-one years ago tomorrow night, on February 11th 1964, Herb Jepko opened a microphone into a crisp Rocky Mountain night blanketed by the 50,000 watt signal of KSL radio to begin what would become a 30 year adventure and ultimately create the first ever network talk show.

From Larry King to Art Bell and Donahue to Ellen, Herb was the pioneer who opened the way for countless others.

I?ll be updating the Last NiteStand Page on the www.nitecaps.org website tomorrow evening.  If you?ve not posted there yet, or would like to send an update, if you send me something before 6pm mountain time, I?ll be sure to get it posted before the midnight anniversary.

I hope you?ll join me tomorrow night at midnight, or just before retiring for the night, with a prayer for Herb, or whatever _expression_ of gratitude you find appropriate to honor each of the wonderful gifts, friendships, and joys that Herb and the each of the other Nitecaps created for us all.

As for me, I?ll plan to wind up Tinkerbell and let her play for awhile . . .

Joe

Joseph G. Buchman, Ph.D.

175 Paradise Road

Park City, Utah 84098