[IRCA] XEOK-900 Monterrey NL Mexico

Heard a station last night under powerhouse
XEW-900.  Fired up the Radio West ferrite loop
and discovered XEOK in Monterrey, Nuevo León!

According to the WRTH 2003 and the latest
CorazónDX lists, they're "supposed" to be
2500 watts at night, but they were sure strong
for just 2500 watts! They sounded like they
were still on their daytime power (10 kW).

Heard a very good ID at 10:59 PM CST --

"OK 900 Información ... XEOK AM ... Transmite
con 10 mil watts de potencia ... para lugar ...
desde Monterrey ... Numero 698, Colonia Libertad.
Estación de Grupo ACIR ... Lider nacional en Radio.
OK 900 Información"

I also heard what could have been a Lenten mass
service with male and female speakers reciting
prayers.  I heard a song at 11:02 PM CST with
religious lyrics -- "Somos de puebla de Dios,
somos de puebla viviar, llamados para Cristiá."

Sent an e-mail to the "Gerente General" using
the address < XEOK-AM@xxxxxxxxxxx >.  Will pass
along any information I receive.

73,

Steve Ponder N5WBI