[IRCA] Re: Radio article

Stephen Hawkins wrote:

> IRCA,
>
> I got a letter today from the Ham publication QST.  They want to purchased an
> article I sent them.  It will be published on their emagazine at
> (www.arrl.org) as soon as I send them some photos, and a form they sent me.
>
> BTW, Mr. Kaskey.  I am amazed that you heard WHO from SF.  Being only about 40
> or 50 miles away from me, they are deafening here, but from Manteca I never
> heard them very strongly and I am not sure why.  Perhaps being closer to the
> Sierra Nevadas.
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, I can imagine you can hear WHO on your dentures.  They cover a lot of ground in that country.  Oddly, I have been hearing them often of late, mostly I'd guess, because CKST is covered with
a very loud buzz.  Years ago, before all the clear busting took place I used to listen to the Hawkeye Basketball games on WHO from here.

Great on the article & pix.  I'll run out and buy some darts :-).....I take it life in Boone is OK.  When you wear down a bit with the hams come back to AM.  You have some lively competition,
especially from Paul up in Grand Marais....

73  don