Re: [IRCA] 1260 TISs on Vancouver Island

Re: [IRCA] 1260 TISs on Vancouver Island

At 01:54 20/12/2004, you wrote:
Nick:

Unless I am crazy, I could have sworn it was on the air when we visited
Vancouver Island last September.

Hmm, I'd better take a listen the next time I'm near the terminal...I could very occasionally hear it at home in the daytime, though McMinnville or even Edmonton were more likely even in the daytime.

Of course, those same stations can interfere with the Pacific Rim National Park station, even when you are in nearby Tofino; it has more zip offshore in my experience. I believe that one's transmitter is at the park ranger station. Eric Floden could probably tell us more??

best wishes,

Nick