[IRCA] Yesterday's LW TA's

Only in my case, TA's mean Trans-Arctic!

Was quite surprised to hear Norway on 153 khz with a good signal at 1418 UTC on 19 Dec with a program of Christmas music. Also noted the Russian on 162 khz (likely Norilsk, as it was audible hear last year for about two weeks around the solstice) though not as strong. I also noted an interesting carrier on 1314 at the time. I was hearing Australian carriers, but only on the regular channels, and that's not typically a frequency I hear much on from over the Pacific, so the possibility exists it could have been from Norway, though I'm afraid I'll never know for sure.

In general, LW reception has been inferior to last year, when Iceland was hear pretty well daily, with others making regular appearances. This year Norway is generally the best LW signal, when I'm hearing anything.

73,
]
Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta