Re: [IRCA] Auroral Night over the whole country

Re: [IRCA] Auroral Night over the whole country

Mike

KMVI-550 on Maui is also ESPN, and a bit more likely than Anchorage under auroral condx.

Bruce

Don,

XESDD (Puerto Nuevo, BCN) also fits the bill on 1030. I read somewhere that 1040 in San Diego is now dark as the owner started broadcasting on 1030. I have heard their IDs and San Diego is mentioned in their IDs. I noted 1000 was SS until after 0200, then KOMO started coming in again. CKST non-existent on 1040, with WHO instead. Tempe on 1060 instead of Calgary. KMZT coming in (they usually don't) instead of KGA on 1510. I had been trying to ID an ESPN station on 550 heard early Sunday, and there was no sign of them Monday AM. Just my luck, as the only record of ESPN I have been able to find on 550 is Anchorage. They would be a nice addition.

Mike Hawkins

The Kaskey Family wrote:
Just to add my 2 cents worth on this thread. Coming back from Novato
(about 35 miles north of San Francisco) tonight just before 9pm I didn't
note much aurora. KOA, KTWO etc in OK. However, getting to my home QTH
and turning the Drake on the situation was very very different. Nearly
all stations to the north were down or totally supressed. KOMO & KBOI
were barely heard, KGA was non-existent in KMZT's null. KPNW & KEX were
in OK and surprisingly KMAS in Shelton WA was holding up on 1030. They
were mixing with a station playing american lite rock or AS type
ballads. Figured it for KTWO (using different format) but it turned out
to be XEQR in Mexico City when IDed at 11pm. Haven't heard this since
all the stations popped up out west on this frequency. KDUS-AZ was atop
1060 also with a NOS way under. Might have been KDYL not CKMX tho.
73 don

Do you Yahoo!?
--- Begin Message ---

--- End Message ---