Re: [IRCA] recording DX

Hi Doug,

I sure did. I bought these little 2 1/2 inch reel to reel tapes from a
wholesaler at a low price and mailed one out with my report. Many went
to Australian, New Zealand, and Japanese stations. I did have one CE
tell me that they had to dig out their old reel to reel machine to play
it. They had not seen a reel to reel report in several years! But at
least they could play it.  I have sent tapes out with my reports since
1979. I did before but not as often. I send them out with 95% of my
reports today. The only ones I don't is if it is some call change from
some easy catch or something. Many CEs like taped reports as they don't
have to dig out program logs to verify your report. They pop the
cassette in and there the ID and programming right in front of them. It
saves time so the CE is more apt to reply. I have had many compliments
on sending tapes through the years. Only one or two that did not like
them.

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin