RE: [IRCA] BAD NEWS, DXers! BPL Approved By Reckless FCC

RE: [IRCA] BAD NEWS, DXers! BPL Approved By Reckless FCC

Not likely. We are primary examples of why BPL was established. We live in a
rural setting, many, many miles beyond the reach of any DSL line. We use
satellite for our Internet connection, and believe me it has it's share of
problems, not the least of which is performance. VDSL (Very High Bit Rate
DSL) looks great with its huge bandwidth, but with a max distance of only
4000 ft ( http://tinyurl.com/gz3a )it will hardly "overtake" BPL from a
realistic perspective. We are about to go with a wireless connection and are
pretty excited about it. Here's the story of why BPL will NOT be popular in
our area:
http://tinyurl.com/3r3d4

73,
Bruce N7BWB