Re: [IRCA] TP logs as a result of brain damage

Re: [IRCA] TP logs as a result of brain damage

At 07:00 PM 9/20/04, you wrote:
Charlie,

I must have missed something. When did you go back to NC? I thought you
were in sunny California.  You have heard more filipnos and other TPs
than I will ever hear in a lifetime. I have heard some of your tapes. I
would love to hear that stuff you logged when you were in in Asia. I get
a few in my direction, but a far cry from what you heard.

Patrick

Patrick,

Dang it boy! Where YOU been? I got cancer and we came back to Greenville (NC) where we have a (paid-for) home, so's I
could get the necessary treatment and begin what would probably be a long-term recovery. Retired from VOA/IBB
because that option was available to me and I didn't have enough sick and annual [vacation] leave time 'til I could go back
to work.

Yeah, I heard MANY TPs, but I was there amongst them and they were locals and semi-locals. No challenge there. TPs
for me were KPMC-1560 Bakersfield and such.

The only TP or TA that I count as really something is my Indianapolis late-afternoon February 1975 reception of China Urumchi, Sinjiang
(Mongolia) on then 1525 kHz PLUS the usual hoard of Soviet jammers.

(It is of special note to me that Urumchi and the jammers measured the same 5 Hz and 15 to 25 Hz offsets, respectively
from Indianapolis as I measured from Philippines in 1973).

Thus Endeth Saint Chuck's Epistle to the Oregonians

Charlie WD9INP/no longer 6!

Charles A & Leonor L Taylor
    Grifton, North Carolina