Re: [IRCA] Radio (Part Thirty-Eight)

KRHW's signal is dominant in St. Louis, Tim...only 130 miles distant! I probably wouldn't think WWKB would be sending much signal down toward Atlanta at night. Besides, KRHW doesn't cut power until after WDCY signs off.

73, Eric (N0UIH)

Tim Hall <tim_hall_dx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Methinks something is amiss with KRHW's night power or pattern. I heard
them on several business trips to Atlanta (Norcross), GA last year. The
1500's seemed to be sporting several cheaters and even one or two daytimers
broadcasting at night.

73, Tim Hall
Chula Vista, CA

http://www.inetworld.net/halls/dx/index.html

All dates/times mentioned in my reports are Eastern Local Time for
US/Canadian stations and GMT for all others.

>From: John Hunter
>America
>Subject: Re: [IRCA] Radio (Part Thirty-Eight)
>Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:40:17 -0400
>
>Hi Ira, nice catch on KRHW, They are putting most of their power into two
>thin lobes, one is going North and the other is going South! It's good to
>see someone from fairly close by still posting in the summer. I get a good
>idea as to what people are hearing around me so I can try for the stations
>I am missing. I haven't DXed much this month cause of health problems but
>I'll be back at it soon.
>Thanks for your DX reports.
>
>Best regards,
>John Hunter
>Rossville GA
>

>At 12:55 PM 7/1/04 -0400, you wrote:
>>IEN-GA Ira Elbert New, III, Watkinsville - AIWA CSD-FD89
>>

>>1520 KRHW MO Sikeston - 06/30 0015 - Classic country. Very good signal at
>>times, but subject to fading. 1/4 drop was like listening to a local
>>station! "The classic country station, 1520, KRHW" (IEN-GA)
>>
>>**** A great catch for me at my place as 1520 is usually is mish-mash of
>>bleed(s) from WLAC on 1510 in Nashville, TN and/or WSAI on 1530 in
>>Cincinnati, OH.
>>

>>1320 WMSR TN Manchester - 06/30 2328 - MLB, Braves & Marlins. A decent
>>signal, but with deep, heavy fades. "You're listening to Braves Baseball
>>on the Groove, 1320, WMSR" (IEN-GA)
>>
>>1370 WDEF TN Chattanooga - 06/30 2341 - MLB, Braves & Marlins.
>>Tenth-Inning Show...post game wrapup. A decent signal, with deep, heavy
>>fades. " Homes of the Braves and ESPN Radio, 1370, WDEF" (IEN-GA)
>>

>>Ira Elbert New, III
>>Proudly Serving You Since 1964!

>>original contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the
>>IRCA, its editors, publishing staff, or officers
>>
>>For more information: http://www.ircaonline.org

Do you Yahoo!?