[IRCA] NM & AZ station news

AFAIK, this material appearing in DX Listening Digest over a month ago
http://www.worldofradio.com/dxld4087.txt
has not been picked up by the MW clubs, so for anyone who may be interested, I
push it here [many TV and FM items snipped]:

** U S A. Notes from my trip thru OK and TX to NM and as far as Flagstaff AZ in
the last week in May:

At Santa Rosa NM on May 24, I found the NM DOT HAR still running on 1610, and
still with only a generic totally useless message, even tho there is real
highway/bridge reconstruxion west of SR on I-40 --- but this time I found
another transmitter on 1680 carrying the same thing, weaker, and slightly
behind 1610. No sign of either in the FCC TIS searchable database at
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/tis.html

 95.9, KYVA Santa Rosa --- very strange thing is that informal IDs were only
for its AM counterpart KSSR, which during my entire stay was missing from 1340!
I phoned the station and they said had been off for a few days, awaiting an
engineer to come in and fix it. At least this time they already knew the AM was
off the air, unlike on a previous visit of mine when I had to tell them! Legal
ID at hourtop did mention both KSSR and KYVA; previously the FM calls were
ignored, and apparently it`s 100% simulcast (when both are on). After sundown,
I also noticed that the combined tower on the east side of town had a red
flashing tower light --- in the middle, but none visible at the top! Beware
flying low over Santa Rosa.

Meteor Crater, AZ (a privately owned landmark), has a new TIS signaled by signs
along the road saying it is also in Winslow, but the two are some distance
apart and not heard in Winslow itself even tho the `legal` ID says ``WPZT927,
Winslow, AM 1610``. Spotted the short mast with a box on it at the I-40 mile
233 exit near the gas station at the turnoff to MC. I was told it had been on
for a few months, when queried at the entrance turnstile if that was how we
heard about the Crater (no). Uses clever phrases such as ``Experience the
impact of Meteor Crater``; ``Discover Winslow --- a city in motion``;
1-800-432-1000. This one is in the FCC database, surprisingly:
City of Winslow WPZT927 Active AZ Winslow COCONINO PW

At the Flagstaff Arboretum around midday, a 530 TIS was audible, WPYQ718, with
AZ wildlife info, a long loop mentioning the Heritage Fund, coming from lottery
money. The FCC TIS list
http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/genmen/uls/freq_st_res.hts?db_id=19&rows=999&state=AZ&radio_serv=&freq=0.53
has one in Flagstaff on 530 but it does not match:
State of Arizona - Dept of Game & Fish WPZH433 Active AZ Flagstaff COCONINO PW
Base

Back through New Mexico, noticed 770 Albuquerque is certainly still ``Newstalk
770``, not CHR as someone had queried!

73, Glenn Hauser, back in Enid OK