Re: [IRCA] Yaesu FRG-7700 -- Need source for repairs and your eval as a recei...

Re: [IRCA] Yaesu FRG-7700 -- Need source for repairs and your eval as a recei...

MD, The FRG 7700 is an OK receiver but not a top drawer one. It depends on what you plan on using it for & how much it will cost. I can give you a close price if needed. Also, on the repair I would first contact Yeasu at their home office, in Washington State I believe. They are very good at repairing older FRG's. They repaired an even older FRG-7 for me a few years ago. Universal Radio may be able to also (I have no economic interest in Universal Radio. I just live close to them & know them to be very honest.).
Yeasu made a tuner and a preselector for that rig also. The tuner would be of little value to you buy a good preselector would help. I would not buy the rig until I was sure what was wrong & if parts were available. Look for a very good used rig such as the Drake R8. In my opinion for little over $300 you can buy a new Grundig Sat. 600 refurb. receiver and be very well off! It's hard to beat the price/performance ratio of the refurb Sat. 800. Plus you get an as new guarantee. Older radios have a lot of parts that begin to go bad. It is hard to track down one or two old & bad capacitors!

73 John T. Wagner, Ohio