Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:31:51 +0200
From: mauno.ritola@xxxxxxxxx
To: dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DX] Wellbrookin yhteystiedot

No miten kävi? Kysyin näistä Andy Ikinilta, ja hän antoi luvan kopioida vastauksensa tänne:

I have had another look at the loop failures and it would appear that the failures reported last year have gone down to 10. The 20 per year figure was based on a two year period up to Jan 2013 where I had some early failures possibly due to component issue. Most of these failures were in the UK and Italy and were replaced under the 12 month warrantee period.

As a gesture of good will I will extend the warrantee for any Finnish Dxer back to Jan 2011, provided that they have already reported the failure to me . Any of these dxers who have  problems with the ALA1530 or similar loops during  2011 and 2012 I will replace them for GBP50.00 Incl. shipping.

Btw, I working on changing the loop design to improve its mechanical strength and to have a plug-in detachable amp. This will sit on top of the white box. The loops white box will be reinforced inside, so to lessen the strain on the enclosure. The connecting wires from the amp. to the loop will be outside, thus this will remove any issue of the loop wire braking inside the assembly. Once the above is implemented, it will mean that loop amplifier replacement can be done at a lower cost by not having the customer to pay for the shipping cost of a complete antenna.