[DX] Kanadan MW-asemat

DXLD:stä saksittua

** CANADA. The number of AM stations in Canada continues to dwindle,
though I think the exodus to FM is starting to slow down. If I counted
right, there are currently 237 AM stations on air here (not including
those with powers under 100 W), which is about half as many per capita
as in the US. Here's a breakdown of where they are (also a quiz to see
if you know your two-letter province/territory abbreviations!):

ON 54
BC 45
AB 28
QC 28
NL 24
SK 18
MB 16
NS 11
NB 6
PE 2
NT 2
YT 2
NU 1

(Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON, NRC-AM via DXLD)

Soon PEI might have zero --- 720 and 630 want to move to FM. In
December 1938 there were 85 AM stations in Canada and 776 in the
U.S.A. (Ben Dangerfield, Wallingford, PA, ibid.)