Re: [HCDX] Bulletin: CFRX Toronto is back

Re: [HCDX] Bulletin: CFRX Toronto is back

Just how long had CFRX been off? Altho it had been intermittent for a while before then, about two years, per this item from September, 2006 in DXLD 6-144: 73, Glenn Hauser

** CANADA. Not certain if anyone else has mentioned this or not but
yesterday I had checked 6070 for CFRX and they were not there. Checked
today as well and not there again. Normally they are S9+ here through
the day (Steve Lare, Holland, MI, USA, Sept 24, 2006, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

CFRB/CFRX QSL signer Steve Canney told me on September 20th that CFRX
was off the air then. The chief engineer was looking for the problem,
but hadn`t found it. So it appears that the repairs were either too
extensive or he ran out of time and it must wait for another visit to
the transmitter site.

BTW, new QSL card has just been printed and is now in use for CFRX and
CFRB reception reports (Harold Sellers, Ont., Sept 24, 2006, ODXA via DXLD)

Order your WRTH 2008: