[HCDX] Firedrake

Taiwan, 6150, Radio Taiwan International, (Tentative) 1030-1050+ Noted a male in
Chinese language comments while Firedrake type music bangs away on the
same frequency.  Both signals are poor but audible here in Clewiston. It's
apparent that RTI is probably inaudible in China because of Firedrake's
unique type of music.  And even if RTI is audible somewhat in China, anyone
having to put up with Firedrake on the same freq while listening to RTI would probably
tune away and listen to something else as I did at 1051.  Checked back
after 1100 and Firedrake had disappeared, but could still hear a weak station in comments here. Not sure if it was RTI but comments sounded like Chinese?. One of Radio Taiwan International's parallel freqs is 11635 which I checked after 1100 and heard Firedrake loud and clear there. Could not pull out RTI however.
 (Chuck Bolland, August 30, 2008)

Clewiston, Florida
NRD545

Order your WRTH 2008: