Re: [HCDX] WRNO back on air testing, ID on 7505

Re: [HCDX] WRNO back on air testing, ID on 7505

After that I left a radio on but was not paying very close attention. Open carrier ran from 2250 to 2300, no ID, 2301 Celtic fiddle music, more open carrier. 2312 Bertie Wooster theme again, carrier off at 2320:40*. Back on shortly, open carrier off and on. 2359 another ID this time mentioning New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America, various music, off again at 0020* August 2; mostly off until 0100, full ID and piano rendition of What a Friend We Have in Jesus, 0114 some preaching. After 0145 some classical music; 0158 ``Summertime``, then more preaching.

Now seems to be in regular programming? 0211 speaker mentioned owner Robert Mawire in connexion with The End Times --- here we go again! and plugging a book or DVD of his, Fort Worth address; more music, still going at 0230, YL ID with frequency, ``transmitter site in New Orleans, Louisiana``. Music audio was dropping out, during Mendelssohn`s Midsummer Night`s Dream, so still needs some work. If they get their act together and play full pieces of classical music without interruption for proselytizing I will be very pleasantly surprised (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

--- On Fri, 8/1/08, Glenn Hauser <wghauser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ** U S A. WRNO back on the air testing with variety of
> music, on 7505, from tune-in 2132 UT August 1 during
> ``Crazy`` by Patsy Cline. VG S9+22 signal. Modulation
> quality generally good but with some clicks and pops,
> occasionally cutting to low-level. 2150 started Beatles`
> ``Come Together`` but cut off after opening. 2152 Celtic
> song. Pauses of one or two minutes between music cuts. 2200
> the first ID I have heard, nor have I seen any reported
> before this, apparently by engineer at transmitter site
> rather than from studio, clicking on mike and with some
> feedback:
>
> ``This is WRNO, broadcasting on 7 dot 505 megacycles``.
> 17 kb clip of this only at http://www.w4uvh.net/wrnoid1.rm
>
> Back to more music cuts, ``Solitary Man``, sounds like Roy
> Orbison, piano solos, Bertie Wooster theme, 2218 big band,
> New Orleans swing music, pause at 2239, a bit of feedback as
> mike apparently turned on again. Then just before 2241
> another ID, same text as above, but sounds like another live
> announcement, another long pause, 2243 music resumed, etc.
> (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Order your WRTH 2008: