Re: [HCDX] Thur Log Asian Morning: 6120, 6185

--- On Thu, 7/24/08, ka4prf@xxxxxxxxxxxx <ka4prf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Singapore, 6120, Radio Singapore International, 1043-1055
> Noted a
> female in .... comments until 1045 when a male continues.
> At 1049
> a shift to promos briefly, but can't catch any place
> names.  At 1051
> music starts.  At 1055 recorded musical ID as
> "...RSI..."  After that, music
> continues until the hour.  Another ID at 1100 as,
> "Radio Singapore
> International" with accent by a female.  After the
> hour,
> news presented by a female.  Signal was good.  (Chuck
> Bolland,
> July 24, 2008)   I thought Singapore was off the air for
> good?

They have one more week until the end of July. This should have been in Malay, with 6080 in English.

> China, 6185, Chian Huayi Broadcasting Corp.1106-1120  Noted
> a male in
> Chinese/Amoy language comments.  This station, according to
> AOKI is located at Chengdu, China.  The news lasted until
> 1110 when
> bridge music noted with more comments.  Signal was fair.
> (Chuck
> Bolland, July 24, 2008)

! There are a lot of problems with listings of this. Aoki does say `Chian` but that`s supposed to read `China` ---, and does put it in Chengdu along with coordinates for that city. WRTH has it in Fuzhou, which is on the coast nowhere near Chengdu in the southwest, and Fuzhou is where I always thought it was, especially since it broadcasts in Amoy. WRTH frequency list under China shows this 6185 as station 15) but in the following pages I can`t find any station 15) without a provincial prefix. And under Fujian province there are only 8 stations listed, not including this one. This is not made any easier by the lack of station names in the referred numerical listings. PWBR also has it definitely in Fuzhou.

73, Glenn Hauser

Order your WRTH 2008: