[HCDX] SW Logs

All heard at Matarangi, North Island, Coromandel region, New Zealand , AOR 7030, 100m wire on ground

4949.82, ANGOLA, R Nacional, 05.33, weak in PP with no ID, so presumed only (Norrie, NZ, 14th July)

4960, Sao Tome, VOA, 05.41, booming signal in FF, with mentions of Washington and N'jamena, then into pops Britney Spears, "give it to me more" at 05.56  (Norrie, NZ, 14th July)

6030 CANADA, CFVP, Calgary (presumed) 07.05 with C and W favourites, alas my knowledge of this music is just about zero otherwise I would have sent in a report, threshold level and weak but definitely Canadian (Norrie, NZ, 14th July)

6000, CUBA,  RHC, 05.47, in EE with great signal on coming olympics and Australian listener  Maureen Chester who will be supporting the Cuban athletes !!!(Norrie, NZ, 14th July)

6160, CANADA, CBC, Vancouver CKZU(presumed) at 05.54 , great signal "Blue sky", Ella Fitzgerald featuring in Gregory Charles show then into  "this is CBC radio one"  , news from USA bank Indy Mac" (Norrie, NZ, 14th July)

David Norrie
New Zealand

Order your WRTH 2008: