[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs June 7, 2008 (more)

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs June 7, 2008 (more)

** CUBA. While 15460 and 17660 had been overflowing with lovely Cuban music, afterwards at 2208 June 7 RHC itself on 9550 was playing Que lindo es México, and some Andean music until 2217 outroing ``Cancionero Iberoamericano`` program, a time for it I was not aware of. This long-running show appears nowhere on the RHC Spanish program schedule at http://www.radiohc.cu/espanol/programacion.htm but we have heard it reliably Saturdays at 1430 when their sked claims it`s ``Sonido Cubano``; now Saturdays 2200 is being added for C.I. to MONITORING REMINDERS CALENDAR. RHC just shows ``Revista Iberoamericana`` Mon-Sat 2100-2300 without detailing any programs within it (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See also VENEZUELA [non]

** EGYPT. R. Cairo, 11549.4, June 7 at 2206 with YL in English, S9+18 but distorted and undermodulated, virtually unreadable, despite absence of the usual equal or stronger signal from WEWN which is still scheduled on 11550.0 until 2400* Maybe off the air for some reason or totally not propagating (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WWCR, 9980, Scriptures for America service, Saturday June 7 as I tuned by at 2210, found huge carrier but barely modulated, not PPP speaking but someone with a German accent, I suppose proud of his shade (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA [non]. RNV via Cuba, 11670, June 7 at 2204 had a slightly variable SAH averaging 2 Hz, but no other modulation to be heard. Nor is there any other station on 11670 at this time in any of the online schedules. Maybe confusion among the different RHC sites with more than one of them transmitting? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. The Cuban music tests: As previously reported, June 7 started at *1559. I left 15460 on in background but not paying close attention; at 1730 turned it up and heard Cuban jamming on it for first time. So the DentroCuban Jamming Command isn`t losing any more time in going after it, clinching it is certainly to, rather than from Cuba. Arnie no doubt tipped them off from all these DX monitoring reports the past few days. We should take note of whether the music has changed any and if and when any announcements ever appear.

Presumably made usual (as in like yesterday) switch to 17660 at 1900; checked at 2002 with perpetual music, Cuba Libre --- I think the lyrix might be offensive to the Free Territory in America; and at 2016:30 Guantanmera. These play at almost the same minutes every hour.

17660 was even stronger than 15460, S9+22 and could never detect any jamming on 17660. Hmmm, 17660 was used in A-07 for RNW weekend relay via Sackville during this time period, 285 degrees; Sackville now at 2016 with RCI on 17735 is much weaker, 105 degrees, the reciprocal azimuth, not that this proves anything. If R. República is behind this, we know that they already have dealings with Sackville.

This hour Guantanamera started at 2016:30; Cuba Linda ended at 2100, pause, and then Cuba Libre started. Kept listening until 2159* abruptly off shortly after another replay of Cuba Libre had started. I then scoured all bands from 6 to 22 MHz for a successor frequency, but none found. Never heard any jamming on 17660 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Order your WRTH 2008: