[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs March 9-10

** CANADA. Radio Canada Internal is not following its own published schedule on
website, nor HFCC registrations.

See the ``technical schedule`` for 4 weeks:
http://www.rciviva.ca/rci/PDF/RCI-TECH-TRANS-EN.pdf
which is supposed to cover the first week of November after B-07 started but
before DST ended, and identically the current three weeks in March after DST
started, but before B-07 ends.

It shows the 277 degree beam at 1105-1405 on 7325, 1405-2205 on 9515.

I did not check on March 9 before 1405, but noted that 9515 was on the air
after 1405, replacing 9610 which had been in use all winter. 9515 also noted
March 10 at 1426 check in Russian as scheduled.

However, on March 10 at 1305, I found 7310 still in use, not 7325! It was just
going from Spanish to Mandarin, and BTW 7310 had some co-channel QRM, Chinese,
which per Aoki must be Chicom jamming and/or Sound of Hope, on 7310 at
1300-1400 and 2300-2400 only.

It had been expected that during the Two Sesquiweeks of Confusion, the first
segment of morning broadcasts in odd languages toward USA, which had been on
7310 during the winter, would shift to 7325 at 1105-1405, in accordance with
RCI`s own posted technical schedule as above. (However, the accompanying link
at http://www.rciviva.ca/rci/en/horaires.shtml
to ``short wave schedule`` just below it, for March 9-29, in fact still leads
to the November 4-March 8 schedule, making cross-checking pointless.)

What does HFCC say? 7310 is shown in use thru 29 March at 1205-1405 (not
1105-); nothing on 7325; nothing on 9515; 9610 at 1405-2105 thru 29 March!

But as I say, monitoring shows they are really using 7310 until 1405, then
9515. On this, only the second day of the Two Sesquiweeks of Confusion, it
could be that RCI has not gotten around to fully implementing the temporary
schedule, but if they have switched from 9610 to 9515, they should also have
switched from 7310 to 7325 if they were going to. We`ll see what happens in the
next few days.

In the meantime, never mind our warning that RCI would be blocking Wantok Radio
Light, Papua New Guinea, on 7325. However, March 10 at 1305 we could hear
nothing there. Need to check at 1230 or in the earlier window at 1030-1200
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CLIPPERTON ISLAND. TX5C DX-pedition finally on the air: on 3796-LSB, heard
March 9, op with French accent, occasionally speaking French to contacts in
France; at 0653 with GW5XHG, at 0655 UA0ZC. Periodic spoiler QRM from carrier
on low side; what demented ham would do this? TX5C was QRZ Europe at this hour;
duplex, and other side of contacts not heard on this frequency. Did not look
for match. Not knowing this, at 0658 N5CW called on same frequency, but someone
else quickly informed him that TX5C was listening somewhere else. Weak but
clear signals (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. Our usual morning check for VOI on 31 m found the following March
10: At 1309, nothing on 9526, but a carrier was occasionally cutting on 9535,
with a burst of noise just before cutting off. This may have been unrelated,
but at *1334 after some brief carrier bursts, VOI came on 9526 and stayed on,
joining the Korean hour in progress. At 1400 English announcement that Korean
was now changing to Indonesian. Mostly talk (informasi) until past 1425 (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 6010, March 9 at 1409, ``Radio Mil, vive la música de México``
slogan, gradually fading up and down, but rather good on peaks; no QRM at all.
Even better around 1315 March 10 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTNEING DIGEST)

** PAPUA NEW GUINEA. See CANADA

** SOUTH CAROLINA [non]. Not one, but two Brother Scares exhorting
simultaneously, March 10 at 1427 on WWRB 9385. Our cup runneth over (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Contrary to my predixions, WWCR had already shifted to DST scheduling
before 2 am CST March 9! At 0645 UT Sunday, WORLD OF RADIO was in progress on
3215 instead of 0730 winter timing. So exactly when do they make the switch?
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Re my previous comment: I don`t know about 1230 Sat, but on Sunday
morning March 9, DXing With Cumbre on WHRI was underway at 1435 UT on 11785,
the hour previously occupied by Hmong Lao Radio which I assume but have not
confirmed, shifted to 1300-1400.

WHRI scheduling of DXing with Cumbre and Hmong Lao Radio: the online schedules
such as
http://www.whr.org/customcf/dsp_schedule_read.cfm?Search=Angel1
have changed to show a 4-hour difference between ET and UT, in accordance with
DST, BUT, claim Hmong Lao Radio is still at 14-15 UT Sat & Sun on 11785, while
in fact I heard DXing with Cumbre at 1435 Sunday on 11785. HLR has always
really made a 1-hour switch to 13-14 UT during DST. The sked also claims that
DWC is on Sat at 1330 on 11785, another impossible contradixion (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [non]. Best signal above 15370, March 10 at 1312, was on 15600, M&M
talk, occasional brief audio dropouts, mentioned VOA. This is the Somali
service via doomed Briech, Morocco site at 1300-1400, 108 degrees (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Order your WRTH 2008: