[HCDX] FRCN Commissions FM Radio for Hausa Listeners in Kaduna

FRCN Commissions FM Radio for Hausa Listeners in Kaduna
http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/200803070292.html
Daily Trust (Abuja)
http://dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4122&It
emid=59
NEWS
Posted to the web 7 March 2008

By Abdulraheem Aodu
Kaduna

The Federal Radio Corporation Nigeria (FRCN) otherwise known as Radio
Nigeria Kaduna yesterday commissioned another Frequency Modulation
(FM) station to transmit exclusively to listeners in Hausa language.

Speaking while commissioning the new station, Minister of State for
Information and Communication, Malam Ibrahim Dasuki Nakande said the
new station is not a Hausa station but a station for Hausa speakers and
listeners, adding that with about 16 million Hausa speakers in West Africa
alone there is the need for more media stations to meet their needs.

Nakande also reiterated government's intention to improve the facilities and
services of the station, adding that a new transmitter would soon be installed
in its Jaji substation to ensure that it is able to transmit effectively.

"I'm happy to be here to commission this FM station which will transmit in
Hausa language for Hausa speaking audience. It is not a Hausa station but
a station that transmits to Yoruba, Igbo and other people who can speak
Hausa. The new station will benefit our Hausa speaking listeners, as it is
meant to foster progress and development among Nigerians.

"The need for Hausa FM station is long overdue because of the increasing
number of Hausa speakers across the world. We have over 16 million
Hausa speakers in West Africa. This has been exploited by international
radio stations that have news and other programmes in Hausa even in North
African and Asian countries like Egypt, Libya, Iran.

"The Federal Government is doing everything possible to resuscitate the
radio station and transmitters that has gone down, especially the short wave
station. We have received a 200kw transmitter from Japan Development
Corporation which we intend to install in Jaji. Government has set up a five-
man committee to look into the operation of the FRCN to see how it can
discharge its functions effectively," he said.

Nakande who presented long service award certificates and gifts to 27
deserving members of staff later inspected structures and facilities at the old
radio station before commissioning the new station by featuring in an
interview with the zonal Director, Ladan Salihu.

He urged the staff to put in their best and aspire for more commendation
from the management while commending the Director General of FRCN and
the management of Radio Kaduna for the facelift given to its structures
which he noted, "has improved its aesthetics drastically."

Please read my aricle on SINPO at (one line!)
http://zliangas.blogspot.com/2008/02/sinpfemo-better-signal-tech-analysis-
by.html
________________________
http://zliangas.blogspot.com  (radio tech , gadgets, grk ethics)
http://zlgr.multiply.com (radio monitoring site plus audio clips ) MAIN SITE
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/302315/ (Litohoro) 321199/Tinos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachgr    pictures upload
http://www.geocities.com/zliangas
http://www.myspace.com/310100806
http://del.icio.us/gr_geek1
Zacharias Liangas , Thessaloniki Greece
greekdx @ otenet dot gr  ---
Pesawat penerima: ICOM R75 , Lowe HF150 , Degen 1102,1103,108,
Tecsun PL200/550, Chibo c300/c979, Yupi 7000
Antenna: 16m hor, 2x16 m V invert, 1m australian loop

Order your WRTH 2008: