[HCDX] Radio Netherlands launches Chinese website

Radio Netherlands launches Chinese website
http://www.radionetherlands.nl/features/media/080208-chinese-website

08-02-2008

HILVERSUM - On Monday 11 February, Radio Netherlands Worldwide
(RNW) will be launching its new Chinese-language website
www.rnw.nl/chinese in Amsterdam.

The site is aimed at Chinese people with a special interest in the
Netherlands and provides Dutch news and background information. It is the
first time RNW has targetted China. The site is designed to help promote
press freedom and pluralism in China long-term.

There will be daily news reports from the Netherlands and a review of Dutch
newspapers on the site. It will also include topical pieces where the Dutch
view is of interest to China, for example, the environment, water
management, health care and culture. Chinese people will gain information
on the Netherlands and Dutch society.

Limits
The website will have to take some account of the limitations in China.
RNW's Deputy Editor-in-Chief, China expert Ardi Bouwers, explains:

"We've chosen a realistic  approach without setting ourselves editorial
limitations. Bearing in mind the very specific information contained on the
site, we don't expect to be blacked out by the Chinese government
straightaway". However, the editorial team are not going to avoid politically
sensitive issues. "We intend to make use of what room we believe is
available. If risky topics are considered to be within the scope of the site,
we'll publish."

RNW has chosen an approach which looks to the future, and it will continue
to analyse China's media landscape and the state of press freedom into the
years after the 2008 Olympic Games. "We hope the website will be a bridge
for Chinese people on the lookout for information. We hope to extend what
we do as soon as new possibilities open up," says Ardi Bouwers.

Launch event
RNW is launching the site on 11 February at Amsterdam's Pakhuis de
Zwijger. Speakers at the launch event, whose theme is 'China and the
Internet: opportunities and limitations', will include Xiaoying Zhang of
Deutsche Welle, Jeroen de Kloet from the University of Amsterdam and
China and Internet expert, Xiao Qiang, who is flying from the United States
to attend.

Editorial staff please note
Those interested in attending must register for the meeting. Please contact
Marjolein Klaassen-Hulst of Radio Netherlands Worldwide on 035-67 24
212, 06-5115 6394 or marjolein.klaassen@xxxxxxx She can also provide
further information about the website, interviews and press photos.

Each week, Radio Netherlands Worldwide informs tens of millions of people
about developments in the Netherlands, Europe and the world via radio,
television and the Internet. RNW provides an independent, objective,
unbiased and trustworthy source of news to its global audience in ten
languages, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
________________________
http://zliangas.blogspot.com  (radio tech , gadgets, grk ethics)
http://zlgr.multiply.com (radio monitoring site plus audio clips ) MAIN SITE
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/302315/ (Litohoro) 321199/Tinos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zachgr    pictures upload
http://www.geocities.com/zliangas
http://www.myspace.com/310100806
http://del.icio.us/gr_geek
Zacharias Liangas , Thessaloniki Greece
greekdx @ otenet dot gr  ---
Pesawat penerima: ICOM R75 , Lowe HF150 , Degen 1102,1103,108,
Tecsun PL200/550, Chibo c300/c979, Yupi 7000
Antenna: 16m hor, 2x16 m V invert, 1m australian loop

Order your WRTH 2008: