[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs April 11-13, 2008

** ARGENTINA [and non]. Arabic from Morocco on 15345.0, April 12 at 2117,
accompanied by a lite het on the hi side for a change, about 15345.2, surely
RAE as always (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CROATIA [non]. CRZ via Wertachtal, 9925, at 2307 April 11, poor. This is now
scheduled with only two overlapping transmissions, not three, per HFCC:
9925 2200 0300 11-16 WER 100 240 1234567 300308 251008 D D HRT DTK
9925 2300 0300  6-10 WER 100 300 1234567 300308 251008 D D HRT DTK
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [and non]. Pleased to find WRMI 9955 free of jamming at times, thank
you very much, such as 2354 April 11, poor in Spanish, presumably R. Praga as
scheduled M-F only at 2330.

However, another check on 49m, forgot to note the time, but I think it was
around 0215 (not 0115 as I first guessed) --- Jamming on both 6100 and 6185,
tho R. República is on only one frequency at a time, 6100. TS for XEPPM.

It`s bad enough, if understandable, that R. Martí is jammed, but The Dentro
Cuban Jamming Command also attacks Voice of America, which would be directly
equivalent to the USA jamming its external service, Radio Habana Cuba --- a
good idea, just as payback, with whatever spare transmitters be available.

April 13 at 0120 during harmless instrumental music show, all three VOA Spanish
frequencies from Greenville were jammed, 5890, 6110 and 9885, with 6110 the
worst hit. Of course, Greenville happening to collide with RHC on 6180 at
0500-0700 is almost as good, but not nice for VOA listeners (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EQUATORIAL GUINEA. R. Africa has now racked up two consecutive days on the
air via reactivated 15190! April 12 at 2112 check, preacher in English. I am
quickly losing interest due to program content which tells us nothing about the
people, culture, arts and history of Equatorial Guinea. However, I checked
again just before 2200 and unlike yesterday, no sign of WYFR signing on 15190
and covering up Bata, which was still on and in the clear at 2222 recheck,
making some anti-Catholic assertion. Could it be that in a manifestation of
ecumenism, WYFR heard about R. Africa being reactivated and immediately
cancelled that hour of conflict? It was back on as scheduled sometime after
0000 in Portuguese. BTW, YFR via Ascension on adjacent 15195 closed at 2159:30.

Audio quality of programs on R. Africa varies widely, partly due to their own
studio equipment, but even more so, I think, due to the crummy quality of some
of the programs they are obliged to broadcast (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** U S A. WWCR, 7465, accompanied by much weaker but definite matching spurs on
approximately 7450.5 and 7479.5, at 0110 UT April 13 with unjustifiably
assertive preacher (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [and non]. Looking for new WZFN, 1100, near Morehead MN, still no
luck; April 13 at 0100 UT, just WTAM judging from nulling direxion, but with
that nulled, IBOC was dominating frequency 1100 from KFAB-1110, still on past
0115, nominal sunset for WZFN. This reminds me that a couple nights ago around
same time, there was no IBOC QRM, so KFAB usage is irregular. KFAB and WZFN are
too close to the same direxion; with the IBOC nulled on 1100, was treated to
The Wobbler. BTW, WTAM Cleveland OH, a sesquimegameter away, is just about the
most distant eastern `clear` audible here any night with no problem. KDKA would
beat it, but not with the OK station on 1020. I haven`t yet tried for WZFN in
the morning after sunrise (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

http://mail.yahoo.com

Order your WRTH 2008: