[HCDX] Logs from Nov 23 Sugar Hill mini-DXpedition -NH,USA

Sugar Hill mini-DXpedition: Scott R. Barbour Jr.

The RF noise that I have been dealing with for the
past 6 weeks prompted me to purchase a Radio Shack 12
VDC so I could take my Icom R75 on it?s first
mini-Dxpedition, with the intention of logging some
interference-free DX.

I left the house Thanksgiving morning at 0900 (4
AM-EST), armed with  both DX and cold weather
supplies. I arrived at my destination, Sugar Hill
Overlook,  on the scenic Kancamagus Highway in the
heart of the White Mountain National Forest.  After
getting the antenna and receiver situated I was ready
for DX, just shy of 1000 UTC.

I didn?t hear anything more or less than what I
normally would DXing from home., but what I did hear
appeared to be ?cleaner?. A few Peruvians were booming
in early and Suriname was putting out the best signal
I have ever logged from them. Indonesia and SE Asia
were sub-par at best during local sunrise. Perhaps
with a longer antenna (I used a 150? long wire on this
occasion) coupled with either an attenuator or
impedance matcher, would produce better results. The
real hi-lite of the session was the moose that
appeared shortly after sunrise, 25 feet to my left,
and hung around the overlook for a half-hour!

2325 AUSTRALIA, VL8T, 1049+, Nov 23, English. Pop
music and banter b/w two OM. Good mx audio but banter
barely discernible. Poor. // 2310-VL8A.
(Barbour-SHDX/NH)

3976, INDONESIA-KALIMANTAN, RRI Pontianak, 1118-1124,
Nov 23, Indo. OM w/ talk, hampered by amateur slop at
1123. Weak/poor. Audio from presumed 4605-RRI Serui
barely poking through noise floor also noted around
this time. (Barbour-SHDX/NH)

4835, PERU, R.Maranon, 1026-1042, Nov 23, Spanish.
Crowing rooster over music at t/in. OM taking listener
phone call followed by music and promos. Fair.
(Barbour-SHDX/NH)

4920, TIBET, Xizang PBS-Lhasa, 1057-1105, Nov 23,
Tibetan(listed),.Ballads at t/in, talk by YL thru ToH
then joined by OM b/w musical bits. Fair. //
4905-Fair, //7385-Poor. (Barbour-SHDX/NH)

4928.6v, presumed PERU, R.San Miguel-Cusco, 1005-1012,
Nov 23, Spanish. Various music bits w/ OM and crowing
rooster effects. Brief ballad and more OM thru t/out.
Weak/rough copy. (Barbour-SHDX/NH)

4990, SURIMANE, R.Apintie, 0948-1003, Nov 23,
Vernacular. Various ads/promos at t/in; each starting
with a ?tone?. OM re Aruba at 0955 followed by nice
?Radio Apintie-Paramaribo?? ID and canned
announcement.  Back to OM at 1003 re Cuba and
JamaicaFair w/ mild ?sweeper? QRM. (Barbour-SHDX/NH)

5015, INDIA, AIR Delhi, 1230-1238+, Nov 23,
English(?)/Vernacular. YL at t/in in presumed English;
heard mentions of China and elections followed by OM
in language. Poor and fading fast. (Barbour-SHDX/NH)

5040v, presumed MYANMAR, R.Myanmar, 1202-1224, Nov 23,
Vernacular. YL w/ lengthy talks b/w brief wind
instrumental music. Weak/poor, rubbing up against huge
het making it difficult to pinpoint frequency.
(Barbour-SHDX/NH)

5050, CHINA, Guangxi PBS, 1127-1138, Nov 23, Mandarin.
OM w/ talks and musical bits, continuous thru t/out.
Fair. (Barbour-SHDX/NH)

6937, presumed CHINA, Yunnan PBS, 1156-1202, Nov 23,
Vernacular. Barely audible talk poking thru noise
floor. Poor, not much to work with.  (Barbour-SHDX/NH)

Looking forward to going out again early next week, to
the same location, during sunset.

Scott R. Barbour Jr.-Intervale,NH-USA
R75, 150? longwire

Cheap talk?