[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 15

** AUSTRALIA [and non]. Nov 15 at 1459 on 5995 heard VOR IS mixing with RA, but
VOR off at 1500. Per HFCC B-06 this is Pet-Kam, sked 12-15, and in the public
version no sign of RA on 5995, since our friend Bernd Friedewald who manages
their frequencies requires HFCC to delete all such entries, even tho he no
longer publishes the info either in ILG! But RA is on 5995 from 08 to 18,
switching from 10 kW Brandon to 100 kW Shepparton at 14 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

RA, 9590, with All in the Mind, topic again the Blackfeet of Montana banning
smoking in public places, and the impact of tobacco in general on native
peoples also in Australia and NZ; Blackfeet retain tobacco only for ceremonial
purposes. To my surprise, program ended at 1434 Wed Nov 15 instead of 1430 and
then immediately into The Philosopher`s Zone (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** CHINA [and non]. Dear Glenn, Have you checked 13580 kHz for firedrake
recently? Since the start of 13580, 13970 firedrake was off-air since.  It must
be ex-13970 then (Yogesh, Hong Kong, Nov 15, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

No sign of Firedrake/SOH on 13580 here in our mornings, such as Nov 15 at 1445
when occupied as usual by poor signal from Prague in Czech to NAm. CODAR QRM as
usual, and my neighbor`s video swish. At 1506, still some talk audible but
weaker as Prague had changed beams from 305 to 245 degrees, and nothing left at
1542. Will check at other dayparts, perhaps around sunset (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. Almost as if the DentroCuban Jamming Command had read my recent
reports, their act appeared to have been cleaned up Nov 15: no longer any
jamming against nothing on R. Martí`s summer frequency 11845 when checked at
1507 and later (A-06 scheduled 13-17; but Chinese Firedrake on 11840), and
furthermore no spurious jammer clix audible every 50 kHz above and below 11930
and 15330, only the usual heavy jamming right on those frequencies. But this
could have been a fluke, so I am not yet concluding the others are gone for
good (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [non]. Tho I often hear nothing but jamming on 9955 when WRMI is on,
Nov 15 at 1617 there was nothing but WRMI, playing ``Guantanamera`` during
exile program (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. Nov 15 chex of buzz from Africa Number One: at 1419, definite buzz on
19160, no audio, but at 1504 check a little French // 17630 could be heard
along with the bigger buzz. At 1546, a little buzz was audible on fundamental
9580; long path?

The African music jammer against nothing on 17660 was coming in nicely Nov 15
at 1525 so I stayed with it to see when it would go off. Lasted until 1531,
with carrier on another 40 seconds (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. V. of Indonesia doesn`t do it every day, but Nov 15 from tune-in
at 1532 on 9525, the 6:24 loop of gamelan orchestra music and English IDs was
running for the next half-hour, until 1603 into Qur`an and 1610 Arabic
programming toward EAs and NAm (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** JORDAN. Nov 15 at 1621 tried listening for R. Jordan on 11690. Requires the
ICF SW07 with USB sync detexion. Signal too weak to stay locked and would
periodically jump to lock on the RTTY below instead. Pop vocal music of some
kind, 1626 announcement in English mentioned FM, which is typical of R. Jordan,
tho I did not hear an ID as such. In late A-06 11690 was also ruined by CRI
during this hour, but I heard no sign of that now. There are no longer any
China listings on 11690 in HFCC B-06, but Jordan is missing too, being an ASBU
station (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** LIBYA [non]. V. of Africa, 17725 via France, Nov 15 at 1505 in English
broadcast playing hilife music, much less hum than usual, but still audible
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. Once again on Nov 15 at 1415 and later, no trace of RNZI DRM on
scheduled 7145. Must be down, or have they QSYed without telling us? Analog
fairly audible on 5950 at 1417 with National Radio ID, into reading of a serial
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Nov 15 at 1615 I noticed hets of the same pitch, about 1 kHz on RCI
9515 and WWRB 9385. Hmmm, what`s halfway in between? WEWN, which opens 9450 at
1600, and had not noticed the het before 1600 on 9515. The one on 9515,
however, came and went, while the one on Brother Scare stayed on 9384. Tried to
match audio with 9450, but as usual there was so much cross talk transmitted
along with BS that I could not pick it out if there was any. But I do suspect
WEWN of putting out spurs at plus and minus 66 kHz (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

Sponsored Link

Online degrees - find the right program to advance your career.
Www.nextag.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/