[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs November 14

** CANADA. RCI news at 1502 Nov 14 on 17820: the YL newscaster now seems to be
putting more effort into expression (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CHINA. It speaks volumes for the sad situation in China that whenever one
hears a strong signal from CNR-1, one assumes it is jamming something. This was
the case Nov 14 at 1520 on 11665 with commercials, VG signal but some deep
fades. Could not hear any other signal mixing, but R. Taiwan International is
scheduled there in Chinese until 1600.

Also heard Firedrake on 7270, Nov 14 at 1526. There are several stations
scheduled here, but the more likely one as a jamming victim may be BBC Tajik
via Cyprus. Can anyone confirm this service is jammed? Don`t know of anything
in Chinese. 7270 was // much weaker 10400 against Sound of Hope (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. Further evidence of Cuba`s absolute disregard for other SW
broadcasters: clicking jammer spurs found on all these frequencies Nov 14 at
1510: 15180, 15230, 15280, 15380, 15430, 15480, 15530, 15580, 15630. These
obviously originate from transmitters on 15330 against R. Martí, which BTW was
well atop the jamming on 15330 itself. Strength of the spurs did not correlate
with distance from the fundamental; 15430 was the strongest, bothering Saudi
Arabia on both sides. No doubt would have been audible on 15130 too if it were
not for very strong WYFR; and on 15680 CVC. Before 1500, the spur on 15230
would have been jamming RHC itself, but who would notice with CRI via Canada
also on there?

A similar situation infects the jamming on 11930 against Martí. At 1514 Nov 14,
the clix were audible on 12030, 11980 and 11880, and in this case even
detectable under very strong WYFR in Chinese on 11830! Plus the usual separate
jammer against nothing on 11845 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GOA. Nov 14 at 1514 came upon the unmistakable AIR IS on 15175, into unID
language, distorted audio and slightly variable het. PWBR ``2007`` claims this
is Bangalore, while Jose Jacob`s B-06 AIR sked shows it as Panaji; I`ll go with
the latter, with such transmission characteristics. It`s the Gujarati service
to EAf, also troubled by Cuban jamming spur on 15180 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

** GREECE [and non]. Altho VOG continues to be weak here on 17525, have noticed
that the chirping ute QRM has gone. Apparently to 17531 where I was hearing it
until 1500* Nov 14. There it does not collide with a broadcast station, and
needed BFO to recognize (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** IRAN. VOIRI, 9575, 1430 Nov 14 opening in Russian with anthem(?), ID, 1432
Qur`an in Arabic of course but for only a few seconds, back to Russian (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. Is Rangitaiki down again? Nov 14 at 1527 could not hear any DRM
on 7145 --- no change in S-meter noise level as I tuned across the frequency;
RA was audible on 7240. I believe I also noticed an hour or more earlier that
7145 was clean (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Cheap talk?
http://voice.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953586499/hardcoredxcom/