[HCDX] Dev Anand guest-edits the first bbchindi.com magazine

Dev Anand guest-edits the first bbchindi.com magazine

BBC Hindi service?s website, bbchindi.com has launched
its first internet magazine, BBC Patrika, with a very
special guest editor ? the legendary actor and
film-maker Dev Anand.  Incorporating all the regular
features that used to be part of the website?s
Entertainment index, BBC Patrika also carries a range
of original material, including stories, poetry and
interviews.

Editor of bbchindi.com Salma Zaidi explains:  ?We want
to attract new users to our online site, and with BBC
Patrika we can widen its scope to include features and
thought-provoking articles which, we hope, will engage
users looking for something more than just Bollywood
and fashion.?

?bbchindi.com will invite well known names to write
for BBC Patrika, and to ensure it constantly feels
fresh and lively, we will have a new guest editor
every three months.  Dev Anand is a perfect example.
He is an acclaimed living legend with decades of
expertise entertaining and informing the public.  He
also has a keen eye for the issues concerning
Hindi-speakers across the world.?

Dev Anand says:  ?My association with the BBC goes a
long way. I was first interviewed by the BBC in the
1950s. When bbchindi.com approached me to be a guest
editor for BBC Patrika, I was pleasantly surprised.  I
have played innumerable roles in my lifetime, but
never that of an Editor. There is something that is
common between BBC and myself.  I have never copied
anyone and in that regard I am 'exclusive'.  And so is
the BBC.  Apart from this, I have always accepted
challenges and I feel BBC Hindi Online has also been
doing this all the time.?

Ends

For more information contact:

Lala Najafova, International Publicist, BBC World
Service
+44(0)207557 2944; lala.najafova@xxxxxxxxx

Note to editors:

BBC Hindi programmes are produced from studios in
London and New Delhi and are set in a rolling format,
with news, current affairs and features.  The
interactive morning and evening programmes, Aaj Ke Din
and Aaj Kal bring the BBC Hindi listeners news,
analysis and interviews on a range of issues, from
current affairs and careers to showbiz and sports.
BBC Hindi is available on short-wave and medium-wave
radio transmitters and via cable television.
Hindi-speakers across the world can access BBC Hindi
programmes in text and in audio at the 24/7 site
bbchindi.com

   Jaisakthivel
  Chennai, India.

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/