Re: [HCDX] UNID 1300 kHz - Spanish language religion program

Henrik,
OK, we will never know the answer. Just let me report here the opinion of
Rudolf Grimm, a well-known Brazilian dxer who lives in Sao Bernardo, a few
km from the 1300 antenna. "I have never heard this voice from R. Universo
and it sounds to me as Northeastern accent", he wrote me, adding that he too
has never heard a full Radio Universo id.
What you say, Henrik, about the IPDA programmes is partly true. Yes, local
stations all over Brazil who transmit religious stuff often do refer at
temples and local addresses for meetings. Therefore they offer good hints
for identification. This *never* happens with national (or even
international) programmation, or when the leader of the Church himself is
sermoning. This is the case of rev. David Miranda in IPDA or bispo Edir
Macedo in Igreja Universal.
There is also a big difference between a station that carry religious px at
times and a outlet directly owned by the church. The latter looks like is
doing everything to ensure the listener doesn't know the name of the station
he is listening to, they just want to be the channel of the church, not a
real radio station.
Rocco

On 9/12/06, Henrik Klemetz <hklemetz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rocco,
> I did not provide the log, only a (very) probably ID.
> But I agree with you: as long as there is no ID, the
> station must be regarded as tentative.
>
> On the other hand, I have heard IPDA programming from
> Colombia, Venezuela, Peru (various stations) and
> Brazil, and there is ¤always¤ some sort of an ID if
> you are prepared to carry on listening until the very
> end of the sermon, or if you are lucky to find the
> station before the relay gets started.
>
> In 1998 I had to tune to the IPDA relay on 6060 five
> times before I managed to get an ID, on July 27, at
> 1002 UTC, "Rádio Tupi, Sistema Universo da
> Comunicação". That was just before the IPDA relay
> started.
>
> Re MW reception conditions in northern Europe, I have
> found that the Nordeste stations are usually early in
> and early out or gradually overtaken by others farther
> down to the south as the night proceeds.
>
> So as for the stations along the eastern seaboard of
> South America, those farther away are more easily
> logged a bit before the band closes. And those in the
> Nordeste area tend to peak just after midnight.
>
> In the olden days, on 1410, Rádio Verdes Mares (in
> Fortaleza) would open the band at midnight, but three
> hours later you would have a mix of Rádio América (in
> São Paulo) and CX44 (in Montevideo). Then the band
> would close down.
> Henrik Klemetz

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.